7.2.13

Karya Ahmad Bahaya

'The keris, a weapon and spiritual object from Malay culture, has been loaded with political significance as a symbol of Malay rights and power.' (Ms.Eva McGovern)

Casted in silicon rubber, I have kept this idea to myself for quite some time. I have to admit that I have my reservations about making and presenting these kind of works - especially in Malaysia. But it is these kinds of ideas and works that keep gnawing at the back of my mind, insisting to be presented. For my previous solo, YOU ARE HERE@vwfa.kl, it seem fitting for this idea to finally be exhibited. 




This work is dedicated to the likes of Awang Selamat, the 'the collective pen name for the Umno-owned Malay daily’s editors'. Selamat = Safe. Sure its safe hiding behind a pen name jeering at others  thinking no one knows who you are. To you, Mr.Selamat, I dedicate this (eng. translate) Very Dangerous Piece.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.